Today, Governor Cooper announced that the state will move into Phase 2.5 starting this Friday, September 4th, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- Mass gathering limits will increase to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors from the current limit of 10 indoors and 25 outdoors.
- Playgrounds may open.
- Museums and aquariums may open at 50% capacity.
- Gyms and indoor exercise facilities, such as yoga studios, martial arts, and rock climbing, as well as skating rinks, bowling alleys, indoor basketball, volleyball etc., may open at 30% capacity.
- Bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, indoor entertainment facilities, amusement parks, dance halls will remain closed.
- Large venues remain subject to the mass gathering limits.
Here are links for Executive Order 163 and the FAQs for EO 163
Read the Executive Order.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions.
View the slides and graphs from today’s presentation.