FLEX POSITION WITH THE TOWN OF BURNSVILLE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
A full time position with the Town of Burnsville is open. Health, vision and dental benefits, State retirement system and 401k with employer match. Paid vacation and sick leave. Competitive wages negotiable dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The Town of Burnsville Public Works Department is seeking a qualified applicant for the a full time flex position, who, under the general supervision of the Public Works Director, Crew Supervisor and Water Treatment Plant ORC, performs a variety of work in both the operation of the Town’s water treatment facility, maintenance of municipal water distribution systems, sewer collection systems and Town’s metering system. Candidates for this position must have an accredited high school diploma or possess a GED. Some computer skills will be necessary with some aspects of the work. Must have or be willing to obtain a class C surface water operator’s license, a C-distribution license and a Grade 1 collection license. The Town will pay for the necessary classes and tests required for these licenses.
Task involved could include the following:
- Collects lab samples and performs required physical, chemical and bacteriological analysis and tests.
- Performs as plant operator.
- Performs the daily tasks of checking treatment facility and preparation of daily reports.
- Performs various grounds keeping duties around the water treatment facility.
- Installs and repairs water and sewer lines, water meters, valves, manholes, fire hydrants and other equipment.
- Makes water taps.
- May be responsible for reading water meters, reporting results and some billing operations.
- May operate various equipment and heavy machinery within the public works field. (experience with operation of heavy equipment preferred).
- May be responsible for some mowing and facility maintenance
- Perform related duties as required.
All applicants must agree to safety training and protocols established by the Department and Supervisors. All applicants must submit to background check and drug test.
Applicants must be able to perform the physical life functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, pushing, grasping, heavy lifting, talking, hearing and repetitive motions; work can involve exposure to inclement weather conditions; some personal safety hazards may be involved in work.
Submit resumes to Shane Dale, Public Works Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Town Hall, 2 Town Square, PO Box 97, Burnsville, NC 29714. Applications can be picked up at Town Hall or found at www.townofburnsville.org .
THE TOWN OF BURNSVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more information, visit the EMPLOYMENT page.