Enjoy small town charm, and fresh mountain air at the gateway to Mt Mitchell
Welcome to the Town of Burnsville Website
Burnsville is located in the mountains of Western North Carolina in the shadow of Mount Mitchell which has the highest peak east of the Mississippi River. This website is a source of information to our residents and visitors about our government and community. It will continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community.
The August 3rd Regular meeting of the Burnsville Town Council has been rescheduled for August 13th
Burnsville Town Hall Reopening Notice
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 crisis we still encourage our customers to make payments via mail, electronically on the Town’s website or by using the two drop boxes located outside the Town Hall entrances. If you come into Town Hall to make your payment, we ask that you please practice social distancing by waiting on the marks on the floor 6 feet from other customers and we encourage you to wear a mask for your safety and that of our staff. The upstairs Board Room will remain closed to the public until further notice.
We truly appreciate everyone’s patience and assistance as we navigate this new normal and strive to provide the best customer service we can. Your safety and that of our staff is our greatest concern.
Call the Yancey County Emergency Operations Task Force at (828) 682-1891 for information on available community assistance, resources and services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Donate to the Yancey County COVID-19 Response Fund
click the button below
- EXECUTIVE ORDER NO.155 – EXTENSION OF PHASE 2 MEASURES UNTIL SEPT. 11TH.
- NC DEPT. OF COMMERCE ANNOUNCES JOB RETENTION GRANT PROGRAM FOR BUSINESSES AND NON-PROFITS
- The August 3rd Regular meeting of the Burnsville Town Council has been rescheduled for August 13th
- Gov. Roy Cooper Signs EO 153 Limiting the Sale of Alcoholic Beverages After 11 pm
- System Pressure Advisory Rescinded for break near 513 W. Main St.
- PUBLIC NOTICE for upcoming Indian Trail project
- System Pressure Advisory due to a water main break near 513 W. Main St.
- System pressure advisory rescinded for the water line break at 123 Depot St