Enjoy small town charm, and fresh mountain air at the gateway to Mt Mitchell
Welcome to the Town of Burnsville Website
Burnsville is located in the mountains of Western North Carolina in the shadow of Mount Mitchell which has the highest peak east of the Mississippi River. This website is a source of information to our residents and visitors about our government and community. It will continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community.
Burnsville Town Hall Reopening Notice
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 crisis we still encourage our customers to make payments via mail, electronically on the Town’s website or by using the two drop boxes located outside the Town Hall entrances. If you come into Town Hall to make your payment, we ask that you please practice social distancing by waiting on the marks on the floor 6 feet from other customers and we encourage you to wear a mask for your safety and that of our staff. The upstairs Board Room will remain closed to the public until further notice.
We truly appreciate everyone’s patience and assistance as we navigate this new normal and strive to provide the best customer service we can. Your safety and that of our staff is our greatest concern.
Call the Yancey County Emergency Operations Task Force at (828) 682-1891 for information on available community assistance, resources and services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Donate to the Yancey County COVID-19 Response Fund
click the button below
- WATER CONSERVATION NOTICE 10-27-20 until 10-30-20
- ***Delayed Due To Weather*** HYATT PIPELINE WILL BE PAVING ON MEADOW RD AND INDIAN TRAIL BEGINNING ON 10-28-20
- NC DPT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES – Guidelines for Halloween
- Gov. Cooper Announces Applications Open for HOPE, A New Rent and Utility Assistance Program
- 10-13-20 Town Receives DOT Approval for Halloween Road Closure
- Notice of Special Meeting of the Town Council on October 15, 2020, 2pm at the Burnsville Town Center.
- The 10/13/20 Planning Board regular meeting has been canceled.
- System Pressure Advisory rescinded for water main break near 1246 West US Hwy 19E.