Enjoy small town charm, and fresh mountain air at the gateway to Mt Mitchell
Welcome to the Town of Burnsville Website
Burnsville is located in the mountains of Western North Carolina in the shadow of Mount Mitchell which has the highest peak east of the Mississippi River. This website is a source of information to our residents and visitors about our government and community. It will continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic Governor Roy Cooper has issued Executive Order 142 extending the deadline regarding delinquent RESIDENTIAL water accounts with local municipal service providers until July 29, 2020.
Burnsville Town Hall Reopening Notice
The utility billing window at Town Hall will reopen on Monday June 1, 2020 for customer payments.
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 crisis we still encourage our customers to make payments via mail, electronically on the Town’s website or by using the two drop boxes located outside the Town Hall entrances. If you come into Town Hall to make your payment, we ask that you please practice social distancing by waiting on the marks on the floor 6 feet from other customers and we encourage you to wear a mask for your safety and that of our staff.
The upstairs Board Room will remain closed to the public until further notice.
We truly appreciate everyone’s patience and assistance as we navigate this new normal and strive to provide the best customer service we can. Your safety and that of our staff is our greatest concern.
Due to the National, State and Local State of Emergency for the COVID-19 pandemic, the June 4, 2020 regular business meeting of the Burnsville Town Council scheduled for 6pm will be at the Burnsville Town Center and closed to the public. View the Notice for more information on participating, submitting public comment and viewing the live stream.
Should the urgent need arise for the Town Council to meet, a special meeting will be called.
Call the Yancey County Emergency Operations Task Force at (828) 682-1891 for information on available community assistance, resources and services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Donate to the Yancey County COVID-19 Response Fund
click the button below
- Hyatt Pipeline will be conducting overnight road work on Meadow Road June 3rd through June 6th
- Gov. Cooper has issued EO 142 extending the deadline regarding delinquent RESIDENTIAL water accounts with local municipal service providers until 7-29-20.
- 5-30-20 Potential road closures on Indian Trail and Meadow Road over the next couple of days
- The utility billing window at Town Hall will reopen on June 1, 2020 for customer payments.
- Governor issues EO 141, moving the State to Phase 2, effective 5pm on 5-22-20 and expires at 5pm on 6-26-20 unless repealed, replaced or rescinded
- Notice of Special Meeting on 5/14/20
- YANCEY COUNTY LIFTS RECOMMENDED SUSPENSION OF SHORT-TERM RENTALS
- Yancey Co. Health Dept. will have COVID-19 drive thru testing 5/14/20 from 9am-3:30pm