Enjoy small town charm, and fresh mountain air at the gateway to Mt Mitchell
Welcome to the Town of Burnsville Website
Burnsville is located in the mountains of Western North Carolina in the shadow of Mount Mitchell which has the highest peak east of the Mississippi River. This website is a source of information to our residents and visitors about our government and community. It will continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community.
Due to the National, State and Local State of Emergency for the COVID-19 pandemic, the April 2, 2020 regular business meeting of the Burnsville Town Council scheduled for 6:00 p.m. at the Burnsville Town Hall is canceled. All public hearings scheduled for the April regular business meeting will be re-noticed for the May regular business meeting.
Should the urgent need arise for the Town Council to meet, a special meeting will be called.
At this time the Burnsville Town Center and Town Hall Board Room are closed to the public for any meetings or gatherings.
The utility and tax collection window will be closed as of Monday March 23, 2020 until further notice. Payments may be made by using the outdoor drop box, by mail, or on the Town’s website. DO NOT DEPOSIT CASH in the outdoor drop box. If cash is your only option, obtain a money order and mail it to Post Office Box 97, Burnsville, NC 28714. In order to accurately credit your account with your payment, make certain that you have included your account number with your payment.
La ventana de servicios públicos y recaudación de impuestos estará cerrada desde el lunes 23 de marzo de 2020 hasta nuevo aviso. Los pagos se pueden realizar utilizando el buzón exterior, por correo o en el sitio web de la ciudad. NO DEPOSITE DINERO EN EFECTIVO en el buzón exterior. Si el efectivo es su única opción, obtenga un giro postal y envíelo por correo a Post Office Box 97, Burnsville, NC 28714. Para acreditar su cuenta con su pago, asegúrese de haber incluido su número de cuenta con su pago.
Call the Yancey County Emergency Operations Task Force at (828) 682-1891 for information on available community assistance, resources and services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Donate to the Yancey County COVID-19 Response Fund
click the button below
- Public Notice: Suspension of residential water disconnections in effect for 60 days
- NC Main Street Rural Planning Center’s Small Business Resource Guide
- Child Care Access & Financial Assistance Available for Essential Workers
- Governor’s EO 124 prohibits all end-user utilities services from disconnecting utility services for the next 60 days
- CARES Act allocates $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed
- UPDATED COVID-19 Business Resource Guide
- NC Restaurant Workers Relief fund for displaced restaurant and hospitality workers
- Governor issues EO122 which eases regulations on the disposition of state surplus property
- Temporary Changes to Burnsville Police Dpt. Response during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- System Pressure Advisory Rescinded
- 3/27/20 Governor issues a statewide Stay at Home Order beginning March 30, 2020 at 5 p.m. until April 29, 2020, directing people to stay at home except to visit essential businesses
- 3/27/20 System Pressure Advisory affecting water customers from Robertson St. to Cherry Ln. on W. Main
- Donate to the Yancey County COVID-19 Response Fund
- Golden LEAF deploys $15M in funding to launch NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Loan Program
- Free webinars and virtual boot camp class for small businesses in the tourism sector