Enjoy small town charm, and fresh mountain air at the gateway to Mt Mitchell
Welcome to the Town of Burnsville Website
Burnsville is located in the mountains of Western North Carolina in the shadow of Mount Mitchell which has the highest peak east of the Mississippi River. This website is a source of information to our residents and visitors about our government and community. It will continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community.
Burnsville Town Hall Reopening Notice
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 crisis we still encourage our customers to make payments via mail, electronically on the Town’s website or by using the two drop boxes located outside the Town Hall entrances. If you come into Town Hall to make your payment, we ask that you please practice social distancing by waiting on the marks on the floor 6 feet from other customers and we encourage you to wear a mask for your safety and that of our staff. The upstairs Board Room will remain closed to the public until further notice.
We truly appreciate everyone’s patience and assistance as we navigate this new normal and strive to provide the best customer service we can. Your safety and that of our staff is our greatest concern.
Call the Yancey County Emergency Operations Task Force at (828) 682-1891 for information on available community assistance, resources and services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Donate to the Yancey County COVID-19 Response Fund
click the button below
- Help shape Burnsville’s future by completing the Burnsville Land Use Plan Survey
- Notices of two Public Hearings on Oct 1st
- Burnsville has received funding from the Yancey Advancement Foundation to help customers with delinquent water bills
- North Carolina to Move to Phase 2.5
- Yancey Advancement Foundation Announces Second Call for Grant Funding through the Yancey County COVID-19 Nonprofit Relief Fund
- Yancey Advancement Foundation COVID-19 Nonprofit Response Fund Announces Utility Assistance Fund
- System Pressure Advisory Rescinded for water main break near 1557 East US Hwy 19.
- Boiled Water Advisory for water main break near 1621 East US Hwy 19E