Enjoy small town charm, and fresh mountain air at the gateway to Mt Mitchell
Welcome to the Town of Burnsville Website
Burnsville is located in the mountains of Western North Carolina in the shadow of Mount Mitchell which has the highest peak east of the Mississippi River. This website is a source of information to our residents and visitors about our government and community. It will continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community.
Burnsville Town Hall Reopening Notice
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 crisis we still encourage our customers to make payments via mail, electronically on the Town’s website or by using the two drop boxes located outside the Town Hall entrances. If you come into Town Hall to make your payment, we ask that you please practice social distancing by waiting on the marks on the floor 6 feet from other customers and we encourage you to wear a mask for your safety and that of our staff. The upstairs Board Room will remain closed to the public until further notice.
We truly appreciate everyone’s patience and assistance as we navigate this new normal and strive to provide the best customer service we can. Your safety and that of our staff is our greatest concern.
- Gov Cooper Announces Easing of COVID-19 Restrictions as NC Trends Stabilize
- Notice of Public Hearing to Hear Input on Land Use Plan on 3-4-21
- Notice of Design Review Committee Special Meeting on 2-22-21
- Gov. Cooper Outlines Timeline on Group 3 Vaccinations
- New Tools Help N. Carolinians Get Vaccine Info.
- 2-15-21 Notice of Special Meeting of the Burnsville Town Council
- 2/2/21 Trash pickup delayed due to weather
- 2/1/21 Council work session postponed