Enjoy small town charm, and fresh mountain air at the gateway to Mt Mitchell
Welcome to the Town of Burnsville Website
Burnsville is located in the mountains of Western North Carolina in the shadow of Mount Mitchell which has the highest peak east of the Mississippi River. This website is a source of information to our residents and visitors about our government and community. It will continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community.
Burnsville Town Hall Reopening Notice
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 crisis we still encourage our customers to make payments via mail, electronically on the Town’s website or by using the two drop boxes located outside the Town Hall entrances. If you come into Town Hall to make your payment, we ask that you please practice social distancing by waiting on the marks on the floor 6 feet from other customers and we encourage you to wear a mask for your safety and that of our staff. The upstairs Board Room will remain closed to the public until further notice.
We truly appreciate everyone’s patience and assistance as we navigate this new normal and strive to provide the best customer service we can. Your safety and that of our staff is our greatest concern.
- NCDOT seeks input on the Great Trails State Plan
- NC COVID-19 County Alert System Updated November 23, 2020
- NC Dpt of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- With Cases Rising Rapidly, NC Tightens Existing Mask Requirements and Enforcement
- North Carolina Introduces COVID-19 County Alert System
- NC DPT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES – Guidance for the Thanksgiving Holiday
- NC Lowers Indoor Gathering Limit to 10 to Slow Spread of COVID-19
- 11-16-20 Notice of Special Meeting with the Burnsville Land Use Plan Steering Committee